Saturday, September 12, 2009

Remembering September 11th

A day late for this post, but I didn't have a chance to post on here yesterday. I wanted to make sure I wrote a post remembering September 11th. I will always remember what I was doing that day. I was a sophmore at Purdue, and I was in Jerry's dorm room. I was getting ready to go to class when my cell phone rang, and my mom told me to turn on the television. I couldn't believe it-- it looked fake. It was right at that moment that the second plane crashed into the twin towers. My mom and I were actually speechless (which for us, as you know, is a rare occasion). I then started to worry because my biological father was actually in New York City just a week prior, and I wasn't sure if he was home yet. Luckily, he was no longer in NYC and was safe. The rest of the day was slightly a blur. I will always remember the swarm of students in the lobby of Lilly Hall when I went to Biology class-- all of us surrounded around the television. Biology class went on as normal that day but I could not tell you what we were learning about-- everyone was way too distracted.

Probably one of the most shocking and sad days in my life so far and in America as well... but I would like to take a moment to remember the lives lost, the families touched and to thank those who have served our country-- including my aunt Peri, my grandfather Don, my friend Matt Caras. THANK YOU.

If you are reading this, please take a moment to remember those lives lost and families touched. And thank someone you has been overseas.

No comments:


BKD Designs