Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Weight Loss Wednesday: Recipe Share

Today's weight loss Wednesday post is all about low calorie dessert options. I am sharing a recipe that I threw together yesterday. Turned out yummy! I have always had quite the sweet tooth---and many of these options are 100 calories or less and help keep things in control!

Here is a recipe for mini-banana loaves

1.25cups of whole wheat flour
1/4c of vanilla whey protein powder
1/2c canned pumpkin
2-3 mashed bananas
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup splenda or sweetner of choice
pinch of salt
1 tsp baking powder
*Optional: chocolate chips and/or walnuts (I didn't add these, but I bet it would be super yummy..)

Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients together and spread between 4 sprayed mini loaf pans. Bake for about 40 minutes. Cool. Take out of mini loaf pans and cut loaves into thirds. Makes 7 servings. (Serving size is 2 slices--depending on if you add nuts or chocolate-- macros will vary. I didn't, so it was only about 150 calories per 2 slices!)

Other low calorie dessert options that are quick/easy...

*Sugar Free/Fat Free JELLO Pudding-- if you want to make it more filling, Mix a pudding snack (or 1/2c of the homemade kind) with 1/2c of canned pumpkin and add some cinnamon. ...super yummy, under 100 calories and has good fiber!)
*Sugar Free/Fat Free JELLO Gelatin (only 10 calories per serving)
*Skinny Cow Ice Cream Treats (100-150 calories each)
*1 cup of frozen berries (70 calories) topped with some light cool whip


These are only a few. Not the "cleanest" but they help get rid of the cravings and are quick, easy and low calorie! What are some of your favorite low calorie sweet treats?

4 comments:

Marie Reed said...

Cool! This blog is so up my aley! I made a promise to myself to lose 10 pounds this summer! I'm folowing from the FMC:)

Liz Mays said...

Hi! I'm following from MBC!

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

Stopping by via MBC to follow!

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

Stopping by from MBC to follow and say hello :)


BKD Designs