Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Beat the Bloat

I can't tell you how many times my friends and clients have told me ... "Mandy, I feel soooo bloated today. I can't get my rings off and on. I must have gained 10 pounds!" Nah... its called water weight and there are some simple things we can do to beat the bloat!

1. Eat more fiber. Getting at least 25g of fiber a day from whole grains, fruits and vegetables (leave the peel on) will keep your intestinal system regular and keep that belly bulge down!

2. Keep a lookout for trigger foods. Some people bloat up a ton from dairy products or wheat. Many people have a slight intolerance to these products without even realizing it. I for one, get super bloated if I have too much dairy. I LOVE my cheese though so I still eat it... but if I overindulge, my waistline tells me so.

3. Drink enough WATER. And drink from a CUP. Sipping from a straw means you suck in more air.

4. Slow down when you eat. Again, otherwise you suck in too much air.

5. Skip the gum. Again--swollowing air.

Do you have a helpful beating the bloat tip? Share with the rest of us!

No comments:


BKD Designs