Thursday, March 12, 2009

Raising a healthy Family

When Bella was born almost 6 months ago, suddenly Jerry and I's life was no longer all about the two of us anymore. Its all about her. Our top priority is making sure that she is healthy, loved and taken care of. The minute I found out I was pregnant I promised myself that I would raise a healthy child... that I would not pressure her to fit into a "standard" of thinness and that I would teach her to love and respect herself. I also promised myself that I would serve her healthy meals and introduce her to an active lifestyle early on. Not for "looks" but to be healthy.

I know she is only 6 months old, and we have a long road ahead of us, but I was just thinking about this this morning. For those of you who don't know, I am making my own baby food for Bella. And as I was steaming peas this morning and baking a sweet potato in the oven, I was just thinking that I sure hope she still enjoys eating these vegetables when she's 5. I don't know who I'm kidding... haha!

No comments:


BKD Designs